Discussion in 'DIY & MYOG' started by Niels, Jun 9, 2018.
Very impressive ...
Wow. That’s a lovely looking pack. Well done.
I didn’t make that pack! @Niels did. I just tagged my question onto his thread because I’m also making an arc blast, so thought it better to keep the info together (and hoped @Niels might turn up with an answer to my question). I did make the blue shoulder straps however !
I thought I was replying to the thread? Anyway it’s a very nice pack
My Arc Blast is an older version but they have used tape to cover where all the attachments have been made at the top of the pack. They've made a good job, but I can just feel the edges so I'm sure it's tape.
I've just checked our two Arc Blasts - one old style with no length adjustment, the other the newer style but still quite old. They both have cuben tape and patches covering the stitching on the inside. It is possible that I did the older one myself - I did tape some of our older packs - but I don't think so; the newer one is certainly how it came.
Happy to answer any questions you might have. Btw, nice looking shoulder straps .
I wouldn't bother bonding a second layer to the back.
On version II of my pack, this one https://imgur.com/a/UAXAnuq, I used SeamGrip to "waterproof" the stitchings and seams. Silicone is probably cheaper, but I'm not sure if it works on x-pac.
I used iron-on seam tape from Extremtextil on version III, which is almost identical to version II, and it works pretty well. It can be a pain to apply around the frame attachments and webbing, but it looks so much better.
Separate names with a comma.