Discussion in 'DIY & MYOG' started by Gadget, Jan 19, 2016.
Bedankt voor de link.
Nothing, but played about on SketchUp to work out an ultamid 2 would be about 8m meters of cuben ... The 4 is very little more, but if there are 4 of you less need to carry a very light shelter....
I've got 7.5 yards of 0.51, too light for a shelter like an ultamid imho.
Lots of French seams on Argon 90.
Made a tpu pillow as a test before I start on a sleeping pad. But it leaks a bit grrr. I need to work on my sealing skills
Looks comfy. 10cms?
This might be useful: https://imgur.com/gallery/OB891 (not from me)
About 40*20*10cm. I wanted a wider pillow as I always slide off it. But first I need to locate the leak see what I’ve done wrong.
Maybe I’ll make another one to be sure my technique is good enough. then I’m planning a sleeping pad of 200*65*8cm with strips of apex sewn on the baffles and maybe a Mylar strip too to reflect warmth back.
Good one thanks!
I have followed some threads on diy packraft too about sealing. Very useful.
The width was the first thing I noticed. Good move and luck with the mat!
Thanks! I'll report back
What heating widget did you use to do the sealing ?
I bought a leather iron form aliexpress
But the temp is WAY off. The fabric should be used with 210c but when I had it on 200 the fabric melted. By trying and trying I found that 125c was the right setting...
Pole sleeve for Scarp1 crossover poles
1.oz DCF and a smidgeon of 1.4oz on the base
It evolvs..solid mesh front pocket with EXTRA outside pocket at the back...true multipack
@slovhike that looks a nice clean build but for some reason I can't hit the like button....
Something is saying to me.... "I can't see that working! Looks too much depth and width for the support system? & not ideal if it was to be used as a chest pack or a waist pack?
Any pictures or clips of it in use?
Argon 90 strides, 15D, 40CFM and HH 260 odd if the reports are correct, weigh 39 gms and so smooth on the skin. Have gussets galore to compensate for the 'ad hoc patterning' as I went along and I don't think I'll finish them off. Just a bit small. Didn't allow enough seam allowance for the French seams. Planned a simple hem at the ankle and waist with some bungy. What a dill, but a good time was had on a quiet day. Next ones will be better.
I made the spitting image of those from a pattern mole lent me from cheap pertex.
Argon 90 sounds ideal.
Now do the same for a seat pad.
Stuff sack for MSR Blizzard stakes.
Same spec as the MLD One I pinched for my pointy pole jack, just black rather than green.
1.43oz Cuben, double thickness on the base.
very crisp, very Sci-fi, a joy to work with.
Frankie’s only peed off because that’s where she likes her siesta
Top Box for the Arc Haul, 28cm * 20cm * 8cm deep, 88g. Two compartments, one for the crampons the other for ski googles, face mask, spare gloves, etc. Makes for easy access & its just secured to the existing 'Y' strap fittings so easily fitted & removed.
It was intended as a prototype so I used some 225 g/ m2 cordura type fabric that I had but after completion may just live with it as replicating from X-grid would probably only save 20g.
Moroccan Blue Argon 90 15D.
What a difference a 'proper' template makes-52 grams and I look like a dill but they will work. Fit over my shorts just right.
Elasticated waist only for now and will think on the ankles.
Separate names with a comma.